Friday 18 February 2011

As reliable as a headless chicken

"So who or what am going to believe –
God, who cannot lie,
or
my  finite senses that are as reliable as a headless chicken? "


 Spurgeon:
I am determined that if all my senses contradict God,
I would rather deny every one of them than believe that God could lie. –-Spurgeon

What or who do I trust ultimately?  My common sense, my personal interpretation of events?   Peter said, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life.” (John 6:68).
Our eyes say, “I don’t see God working in (my child).” Our emotions scream, (“I can’t feel God in my loneliness.)” Our minds cry out, “I can’t see how God can be good in (this situation).”

It's not that we don't have our times of struggling and wrestling and questioning - God gives His children space to do so.  But, overall, Gordon and I believe with all our hearts and have seen in our lives that God’s word remains true, unchanging, because God is true. He keeps his promises.  His - not promises we have made on His behalf!

This is a short post as I now have to urgently get on with a project with a deadline There's much more to be noted by you and by us on God's wisdom, human intelligence and on the list goes.

But for now, I end with a full stop!